Suggested Music: ( The Twist & Let’s twist again – Chubby Checker, Peppermint Twist – Little Richard, Twist and shout – The Beatles)
- Set-up: Have 5 of your business cards ready with the numbers 1 through 5 on them. You should come out of a slow set where the dance floor is full. Also, do not, under any circumstances, announce this is a twist contest.
- Play The Twist and during the song go out and hand out each of the 5 cards to the wildest, most creative twisters. Simply tell them to hold on to the card.
- Near or at the end of the song ask the 5 couples to remain on the dance floor, the rest should move off to the side.
- Explain that these are the 5 best twisting couples and these finalists will dance one more twist so we can watch them dance and then pick a winning couple. Tell the couples to do their best and be as wild, fun, and creative as possible.
- Play Let’s Twist again and somewhere 30 seconds in Line up all 5 couples on the dance floor and ask for a round of applause for each couple one at a time. Loudest round of applause wins.
Hint: If you can’t decide between two couples or as an added bonus to the winners, have them dance to one more song. Play “The Stripper – David Rose” for fun and see what happens.
Please visit our Website for information on DJ Classes in-person or on line at http://www.djentertainmentschool.com