How to do the YMCA by The Village People)
- “Young Man” – Extend right arm out point to left and move in a tick motion about 6 inches at a time as you move hand 7 more times to the left (8 beat count)
- “Young Man” – Repeat with your left for 8 counts.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
- “Ways” – Right arm extend straight up
- “To” – Left arm extend straight up
- “Have” – Right hand to left hip
- “A” – Left hand to right hip
- “Good time” Pelvic thrust 2 times
- Punch up in the air 5 times (beats)
- “It’s fun to stay at the” – Roll your hands down
- Form arms in the shape of Y.M.C.A.
- In between YMCAs roll your hands to right and left
To change things up you can substitute steps 1 and 2 with:
- Marching in place
- The Lawn Mower – bend over and simulate pulling a lawn mower rope
- The sprinkler – extend right arm out bending your hand back to your ear sticking your elbow out. Point out with other hand and move your elbow left and right like a sprinkler as you move to the left or right.
- John Travolta – Point your finger in the air and bring down diagonally across your body and point to the ground for the 8 counts.
- Make up your own moves!
Please visit our Website for information on DJ Classes in-person or on line at http://www.djentertainmentschool.com